March 1st, 2016
March is the Emotional Wellness Workshop for the New Year: New You! Workshop series. I have Dr. Talia, a naturopathic doctor, coming to talk about “5 Ways to Achieve Emotional Wellness”. I am so excited to hear her words of wisdom of how to manage stress and achieve balance in life.
In the meantime, I asked her to provide five general tips for wellness from a naturopathic doctor’s perspective. Here is what she said:
1) Take your stress seriously. Limit work and screen time, meditate, make time for self-care, journal, get social, get enough sleep.
2) Don’t settle for subpar supplements. Not all fish oils are created equal! Talk to a healthcare professional about brands, types and dosing.
3) Love your gut. Taking care of your digestion might reduce your need for skincare treatments, creams, anti-depressants, painkillers, anti-inflammatory medications, etc. Talk to your naturopathic doctor about how to start healing your digestive system.
4) Practice the art of forest bathing. The Japanese practice of “Shinrin Yoku”, or getting outside into natural settings, has research-proven benefits on stress reduction and mental and emotional health.
5) Eat your leafy greens. Aim for 2 cups a day of kale, spinach, broccoli, bok-choy, etc. If someone could capture all the health benefits of leafy green vegetables into a pill, they’d probably never have to work another day in their life!
Thank-you Talia! For more information on my upcoming Wellness Workshops, please visit my Events page.