January 25th, 2016
Our Physical Wellness workshop is coming up soon! Only two weeks away, and space is filling up fast! Please register through:
We have two amazing speakers- Anna Lubaszka, a holistic nutritionist, and Giuliana Carbone, a personal trainer. Together, they will share their insights and helpful advice in how to achieve physical wellness when we meet in February! In the meantime, they have been kind enough to give us some teasers in regards to nutrition and fitness.
Here are 5 nutrition tips from Anna:
1. Hydrate well & hydrate often. Our body is over 70% water and most of us are not drinking enough water. Carry a large water bottle with you to stay hydrated throughout the day. Fill it with filtered water and a large squeeze of fresh lemon juice as this will alkalize the water and make it even better for your body.
2. Eat foods in their most natural state, unprocessed. For example instead of snacking on cheese and crackers, try apple slices with cashew or almond butter.
3. Add more leafy greens to your daily meals by incorporating them into your smoothies, soups, soups, stir fries, egg scrambles, omelettes, and frittatas. Try a variety of greens in your salad instead of just one type (e.g. kale, spinach, swiss chard, romaine lettuce and mix all together)
4. Avoid “white” carbohydrates – bread, rice, cereal, potatoes, pasta, pastries and fried food with breading and add more whole grains, nuts, seeds, legumes, and vegetables instead.
5. Avoid drinking “sugar” – soda, store bought juice, fancy coffees, alcohol, flavoured water and instead make your own green juices and drink filtered water with lemon or infused with fruits and herbs of your choice. Anna likes adding slices of lemon, orange and some mint leaves for a deliciously refreshing naturally flavoured water.
Here are 5 fitness tips from Giuliana:
1. Get a gym buddy! Make going to the gym social and fun.
2. Take the stairs!
3. Make sure half of your plate is veggies
4. Eat slowly, your body will tell you when it’s full
5. Follow the 90/10 rule. Eat sensibly 90% of the time and enjoy a little treat 10% of the time!
Be sure to sign up for our Physical Wellness workshop to hear more and establish your own personal wellness goals!
Thanks and Be Well,